Tara Herrick

Tara Herrick
Dance Dance!

Sunday, May 1, 2011

A Day In The Life Of Fibromyalgia

As I have probably posted before I have fibromyalgia and I have tons of physical and mental energy that I need to get out on a daily basis so when a bad day comes, like today, my mind tries to play tricks on me and I do not like it one bit.
You never know when the good or bad days are coming but you must take advantage of the good ones because when the bad ones come you may feel like you must push through but then end up hurting yourself even more. 
I did that today and I have many many days in the past. I have struggled for over 19 years with fibromyalgia and trying to figure out how to conquer it on a daily basis. It is nothing but frustrating all around. I am a go getter and have always been an athlete. I always want to do so much more physically but sometimes just cannot. It is a life long passion of mine to succeed at a happy medium. 
When I try to push through, wondering why I cannot just be like everyone else and go out and rake my yard or shovel my driveway without paying for it I get a little angry. I also have a hard time saying no to physical things like work, knowing that others do not understand what I should not do and sometimes cannot do because if I give all of me to someone else physically I then pay for it on my own time, needing to rest up and take care of myself. Therefore, the time with my children or other family end up suffering and that, of course, takes a toll on me mentally. 
This just ends up being another hill to climb in this fight I have daily and this helps to get it out for today. 
Thank You. 

No comments:

Post a Comment