Tara Herrick

Tara Herrick
Dance Dance!

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

How To Keep Loyal Customers

A fine example of running promotions for business and not fine tuning so it works in your favor, not against you. 


I am talking about my experience with Direct TV for the past few months. They were having a promotion to get more customers, obviously and I jumped on board and renewed my contract to take advantage of free HD in two places within my home. They set up one HD dish last winter so we could have a Superbowl Party and that was successful but then they were supposed to come back in the spring to set up the other one but we have been in conversation after conversation with many reps that had no idea what was going on and have continued to get nowhere. I have had my husband making the calls because he can hold his cool and patience so much better. So, finally today someone showed up to finish the job... but... he says he cannot do the job because he is only a service tech not an installer so the reps on the phone didn't understand and sent the wrong person for the job. Back to square one except it was now my turn to talk to the rep instead.


I, of course was transferred several times or told to call another number but finally I had who sounded to be the right person to talk to. He was amazed at months worth of notes on my account and how confused everyone was but he had obviously been doing this for awhile and after him hearing and feeling my frustration, fixed things on his end, ordered the installation for tomorrow morning and told me specifically what to say to the installer so no more confusion could take place, and of course he comped some fees that I wasn't supposed to pay in the first place, months ago. He was very nice and efficient. He saved my business with them and hopefully by tomorrow it should be complete but we shall see and hope for the best. 


What I was thinking, though, from a business perspective is to run a small test group with your employees so everyone is on the same page and understands the rules and regulations so the customer is getting confused by the confusion of the company and getting what they ordered and paid for because word of mouth is powerful and loyal customers are key to the success of any business no matter how big or small.

No comments:

Post a Comment